Monday, June 20, 2011

Rollercoaster of a day......

So lately, I've been feeling pretty discouraged about this whole finding a teaching job thing. I've put in applications, but I hadn't heard back from any of them. Well, this morning I found out that one of those positions I applied for and hadn't heard back from had been filled by a fellow graduate of mine. Normally this wouldn't bug me, but here's the kicker, he hasn't done his student teaching yet. This means he has the degree, but not the license and ultimately less experience than me. Not by much, but still less than me.

Feeling low, discouraged, and pretty much ready to quit, I ended up venting to my mom about everything. While talking to her, someone called me from a number I didn't recognize. After hanging up with my mom, I listened to the voicemail they left me to discover it was someone from the school of the last position I had applied for offering me an interview. I can officially report that I have my first interview in Price, UT on Thursday.

This alone made my day a whole lot better, but when I got home and checked my email, I found an email from a guy named James Freeland. This is the first part of the email he sent me: "My name is James Freeland. I will be the new principal at Providence Hall Jr. High in Herriman, UT opening in the fall of 2011. We have a Music position open and would love to have the opportunity to speak with you about your experience and career as an educator." This job hasn't even been posted anywhere that I could find. I'm guessing he got my information (and probably a bunch of other people's) off a sight called teachers-teachers.com that I've been using to find jobs. I called him, but no one answered. But since he was the one that contacted me, I think it's pretty safe to say I have another interview, even if I don't know when it is yet. To say the least, my day did a complete 180.

At this point, I was in need of celebrating, so I went to St. George, bought a new shirt to wear to my interview on Thursday, and ate at Mongolian BBQ. If anyone's interested, this is a link to the shirt I bought. I love it! (the black one, not blue)

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/brandsforjuniors/heartandsoul/PRD~828502/Heart+and+Soul+Ruffled+Top.jsp

Anyway, that's the newest report on the adventures of Tana the Teacher.

4 comments:

  1. Don't be too discouraged Tana! Good luck on your interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome Tana.............just remember that lots of people think so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so exciting to have prospects! I know life is frustrating, but remember that everything happens for a reason and at the right time. Sometimes that doesn't even help much, but it's good to remember. You are awesome and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...and I love the shirt. Love, love, love it! I like the blue one too though. I want to go buy one too. =)

    ReplyDelete