Saturday, April 16, 2011

The End

As many of you already know, I am officially done student teaching. I have put in all my days and hours and will no longer be teaching at those schools. This is a very bittersweet feeling for me. I'm glad to be done with school in general and graduating, but I have enjoyed my student teaching and will miss a lot of the students. It was especially hard to say goodbye when all my little 6th graders started giving me hugs goodbye. Especially one little girl who wouldn't let go. It was kinda cute and sad all at the same time. It's also been nice to constantly be around a fellow band teacher who I can ask questions to whenever they pop into my head. I am officially on my own.

Many of you have requested pictures, so I scrounged up a few from the Dallas Brass clinic we had. Here you go.





These first two pictures are just of the whole band in general. I'm not going to go through and try to pick out all the kids that I teach.




This picture is of one of the tenor saxophone players from the 9th grade band. He was chosen to do a little ear training exercise and did very well.





The Dallas Brass playing for the kids




Hey look, it's me! (Look in the background) This is a picture of DJ giving part of the clinic. DJ is one of my trumpet teachers I have had in college and an amazing trumpet player. I owe a lot to this man.



DJ playing the Carnival of Venice




This is a little routine they call Hands. It is a lot of fun to watch and is a percussion sort of piece where they use their body as percussion.




This is a picture of the Dallas Brass (minus their horn player), my mentor teacher Rob Schmidt, and his daughter Katelyn after the concert.


Well, that's the end. There are no more teaching experiences to tell you about so I doubt I will be posting anything for awhile unless I happen to get a job or even just an interview. I'll let you know when it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment