Well, before I get into this post, I should probably recap on the past few weeks about SUPAF and that sort of thing. The first day that we went was with the 8th and 9th grade bands. It went okay, but the judge that day was grading pretty hard. The 9th grade got a II and the 8th grade got a II+. I thought they did better than that, but oh well, I can't do anything about it. The second day was with the 6th and 7th grade and it was just a logistical nightmare. We had three buses (two for the 6th grade and one for the 7th grade). Only two showed up......... Another bus was called, but we sent the 6th grade on ahead since they were performing first. Luckly the other bus got there just in time for the 7th graders to perform. When the 6th grade buses got there, no one had bothered to do anything about our warning of having 120 6th graders in our beginning band. This meant we were scrambling around trying to find enough chairs and stands (and room on stage for that matter) so they could actually perform. In the end everything worked out, but it was a little frustrating. Anyway, the 7th grade got a I- and the 6th grade got a I along with the award of best beginning band.
So, on to the real reason for this post...............Spring Fever...................
Do you remember when you were in middle school, the last week before spring break, and you just couldn't wait to have a week of no school? Come to find out, teachers dread this week. Or at least this one does. I'm just as excited as they are to have a break, but it is frustrating trying to teach a room full of middle school kids (with instruments in their hands) when their minds have already left on vacation.
I did realize today, though, that I'm not exactly fully with it either. I performed with an elementary choir last night and totally missed my entrance. I doubt anyone except the pianist and director noticed, but oh well.
I've had a few requests for pictures of my student teaching (not sure what that entails), but I will try to remember to take some after spring break and will probably get them posted in 2 weeks or so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Your time is coming to an end (student teaching), has the light at the end of the tunnel been lit yet?
ReplyDeleteLuv ya, Dad
Yes, it has. Once I get back from Spring Break, I will only have 4 weeks left. Or I think I counted 18 days.
ReplyDeleteThat means I only have about 4 weeks left too! It's kind of bitter sweet I think, although right now it seems more sweet than bitter........Lots to do in 4 weeks. Will you go back to visit the kids in May after you graduate?
ReplyDelete