As Rob put it today, it is the beginning of the end. We're back from spring break and on the home stretch toward the end of the year. This means two things, I only have about 3 weeks left (16 school days) and the students are going to slowly get more rambunctious every day.
I'm definitely going to be sad to leave. I've enjoyed my student teaching as a whole and I'm getting more and more nervous about getting a "big girl" job. I am certainly feeling more confident about running my own program, but it is still nerve racking to think about. I did get a warm fuzzy today though. Yesterday, the other band teacher at the intermediate school I'm working at was not feeling well and asked me to cover her classes in the morning (yet again, another baptism by fire experience, although there was an actually substitute in the room to "babysit" me since I'm only a student teacher). It being the first day back from spring break, I was expecting chaos with them having a substitute and not wanting to get back to work. Luckly that wasn't the case and the only class I got frustrated with was my own 6th grade class. Anyway, while talking to her today about how the classes went, she said that all her classes loved me. I was the "nicest" substitute they had ever had. I guess most substitutes that know anything about music either really don't have a clue or are overly picky for their age level. At least I know I'd make a good music substitute if nothing else.
So far I don't really have any job prospects, but I'm keeping my ears open and not planning on giving up until school has pretty much started. You'd be surprised how many jobs actually open up just a few weeks before school starts.
I'm still working on getting pictures. I keep forgetting to take my camera with me in the morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Glad to here that things are going well, and that you're enjoying the teaching experience.
ReplyDeleteLove Dad
You're going to be an awesome teacher!
ReplyDeleteLove you
I'm official boycotting this blog until the author can put some pictures up! You might ask how would I know that pictures are up if I don't visit the blog? Well...you just let me worry about that!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry Dave! I'm still working on it. It's been busy since we got back from Spring Break.
ReplyDelete