I'll make this post short, but I just wanted to announce that Christmas came early this year! Sorry that everyone else missed it :)
About a month into school, I started researching marimbas and proposed to my principal that we buy one for the band program. Oddly enough, she approved my request and we sent in an order to Summerhays music for a new marimba. Last Thursday they delivered it and it really felt like Christmas morning when you get that one present that you wanted so bad! My percussion class was also very excited and promptly decided we needed to name it. The newest member of the Mont Harmon Percussion Family is Pierre the Marimba. They also decided to name the Xylophone and Vibraphone. We now have Xena the Xylo and we are still discussing names for the Vibes. The two most popular names are either Piper or Viper. Funny kids, but you gotta love 'em.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment