So yesterday, I had my first staffing experience, or at least that's what they called it. When I got the email that I was supposed to be there, I had no idea what staffing meant. Anyway, my best guess at a definition of staffing would be getting all teachers of one specific student together to talk about needs and concerns of that student.
When I first arrived, I was the first one there, so I was just talking to the vice principal and the other teachers as they trickled in. Well, this one teacher walked in, talked a little to the other teachers, and then turned to me and said, "Are you the parent?" Do I really look old enough to have a 12 year old? Plus I've been teaching there for almost a month now. I know I'm only at the school part time and all, but really? And this is one of the teachers I have talked to and has been a part of the group of ladies I've had lunch with a couple times.
It was actually pretty funny, but kind of sad all at the same time.
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment