I just realized that I got my time line all sorts of screwed up in my last post. So that district new teacher orientation I was talking about? That actually happened on August 15th and 16th. I did however still have meetings on the 22nd and 23rd.
On the 22nd, we had an "opening" district meeting with all the teachers in the area and our new superintendent. After about two hours we all went to our separate schools where some of us had faculty meetings and some had classroom prep time (that's what I had). The next day the junior high had 7th grade orientation that all of the faculty was supposed to be present for. I thought this was just so that the 7th graders would know who we were, but no, I found out just before it happened that they were going to be going around to all their classes and I was actually supposed to do something with them. Somewhere I missed the memo on that one. Anyway, so I had to come up with something pretty quick so I didn't look like an idiot in front of all my 7th graders and their parents. At the moment, I can't even remember what I did or said.......................After the 7th grade orientation, we had our opening faculty meeting.
I think that was all I messed up on. Until next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment