Okay, I know I haven't posted in awhile, and there will be many posts to come to catch up on the second half of my first year, but I just had to share this email I just received from a student.
"Thank you so much for such an awesome year! I absolutely loved band this year. I've been taking piano lessons for four years and I learned more about music this year than ever before. You made music very enjoyable, yet you also gave us many challenges too. You helped me when needed and gave me great advice. I really liked going to solo ensemble, it was great to play both flute and piano. I hope to maybe play the trombone for part of the year next year, I don't know I that's a good thing or not:) thanks for all you did, and for putting up with all of me and Emmy's chit chatting. I'm super excited about band next year!!
From your music loving student (I took out the name for privacy reasons)"
Anyway, I just had to share. It's unexpected things like this that make me love teaching!
Only one more day left until I am officially done with my first year of teaching and can say I'm a second year teacher!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I thought you were having too much fun in Price to blog. I look forward to reading your new posts.
ReplyDeleteThat's so awesome that a student would take the time to thank a teacher! Wow! See.....you are an awesome band teacher!
ReplyDelete