Saturday, February 19, 2011
SUPAF
This coming Thursday and Friday is SUPAF (Southern Utah Performing Arts Festival) for all the bands I've been working with for the past month and a half. It isn't like a region competition or anything where if you get the highest scores you go to state, but it is still ranked the same way and awards are given out to the best bands. I have to admit, I'm a little nervous. It's coming to the point where I'm starting to think, "Did I really do everything I could to get them ready for this?" I know I get told every day by Rob that I am doing just fine as a teacher and better than most student teachers, but I still have this nagging feeling that the bands would do better if he were the one directing them for the past month and a half. I just can't get the feeling out of my head that I'm holding them back because I'm inexperienced at teaching. I know they have the potential, but it is the job of the teacher to unlock it and let it show. I'm not so sure I've done this to the extent I need to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Have faith in yourself! Everyone else does!
ReplyDelete